Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hudson's Nautical Nursery


With my first pregnancy, Robby and I had decided that if we were going to have a boy we'd do a nautical themed nursery.  The same was true with my second pregnancy and it didn't change this time around either.  I've had fun working on it and although I still need to do a few things (like get Robby to bring the ottoman of the glider up from the basement, get a changing pad cover, add a few picture frames, etc.) it's pretty much done so I thought I'd go ahead and share some pictures.  









We're using the crib and changing table from Harper's nursery and the green glider from Handley's room.  The canoe book shelf came from Robby's parents' lake house, via our lake house, and was the perfect fit for the room.  The sailboat window picture was my gift to Robby for his 21st birthday.  I just spray painted it to match the room and I'm so happy to get to use it in the nursery.  I made all the bedding and curtains and found most of the nautical accessories in NC when I was there visiting my parents a few months ago.  I'm really happy with how it's all come together and can't wait for our baby boy to arrive this summer.  Having his room done definitely makes things seem a lot more real.

7 comments:

Ashleigh Finger said...

How cute!!

Julie, the mama said...

I know that having the room ready must make it feel a whole lot more real! I used to love sitting the kids' nurseries before they were born.

I love the nautical theme, and everything looks catalog worthy. Perfect for a little prince.

Allison D said...

Aw, that looks great! Love the bookshelf and the sailing frame. It goes perfect in there. I remember when you gave that to Robby and it was hanging in Players Club. :)

Renee said...

I love it!! So cute! You did a great job.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

It looks so great!! I love to see how the fabrics all came together! You are such a great decorator!

Erica said...

VERY cute!! You are so talented!

Esther said...

Hudson's nursery is so very adorable!! I would please love to know what pattern you used for the curtain!!!