Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Spring Break


This week is Handley's spring break and leading up to this week I wasn't sure how we would fill up our week while trying to stay away from the spring break crowds at popular attractions.  However, we are now already half way through the week and I'm wishing it wouldn't come to an end.  I'm being reminded of how much fun we had last summer and can't wait for summer to get here this year.  Not having to rush out the door first thing in the morning for school and just being able to hang out together with no planned activities has been fun.  

Monday we spent the morning running a few errands, went to my quick doctor's apt. to learn that Hudson is still growing right on track and doing great, and then made a quick stop by Chick-fil-a for lunch on the way home.  Because there were so many older kids there Handley saw them having their ice cream in a cone instead of the bowl.  She asked if she could have hers in a cone too.  I didn't get Harper a cone and that was a mistake.  Handley was sweet enough to let Harper have a lick and when Handley was done she kindly passed it over to Harper to finish.  


 Monday afternoon we got together with our play group in the cul-de-sac at the end of our street and had such a great time.  Carrie and Annabelle hosted us all with all with lots of ride-on toys, bikes, scooters, and a pizza picnic for dinner.  The moms had fun watching the kids...that is when we weren't running after them trying to prevent a collision.  Let's just say that some of them get the concept of steering a little better than others. Mine would fall into the category of those not quite sure about the steering part yet.  



Tuesday we checked some more things off our list and had lunch with Jen and Parker.  I decided to work off our lunch with a long walk that afternoon.  The weather has been really nice and I'm loving all the outdoor time.  

Today we meet some friends at the park for some playtime and a picnic lunch and after Harper's nap today I walked us all to the playground in our neighborhood to soak up the great weather just a little more.  My parents are arriving tomorrow for Harper's birthday this weekend and we can't wait for them to get here!  Handley asked me tonight if wishes ever come true.  I told her that often times they do and asked why she wanted to know.  She told me that she wished she had wings so she could fly to see Mimi and Dadaw everyday.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! They are getting so big!! Seriously, where does time go?! I haven't been able to comment on your blog in forever ( my crazy laptop) but now on my iPad I can! Love keeping up with y'all and miss you tons! Happy early Birthday to Harper!

Atkinson Family said...

What cuties! Glad the first part of the week was so much fun...now onto the arrival of your parents! I hope the Stevie B's party is great and we look forward to celebrating Haper's Happy Day!