Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter 2016

How is it already Thursday? These days and weeks are just flying by and I can't believe the next weekend is almost here!

Last weekend we had a wonderful Easter.  The weather was cooler and misty/rainy all day, so not the best weather, but we still had fun.

Leading up to Easter I made our favorite treats and also put out my absolute favorite front door decorations...my bunny wreaths!  I'm sad Easter was so early this year because I didn't get to enjoy them out there for very long.





Easter Sunday we woke up early and went to the early service at church.  We got there in time to stop a snap a quick picture in the courtyard.  Sadly we didn't get a family pic, but the kids sure did look cute!


Later that afternoon we went over to Gigi and Papa's house.  The kids were SO excited to hunt for eggs.  Because of the weather they had to hide them inside this year, but that didn't matter to the kids. They still ran around and had fun collecting them all.

Handley found so many she had to trade her bucket for a bigger basket that was laying around in Gigi's basement!


We enjoyed a wonderful meal and then ate this cute bunny brownie cake!


It was a special day spent with family and we couldn't have asked for a better Easter Sunday!


We cleaned out a closet while we were at Gigi and Papa's house and I came across this pink depression glass.  My grandmother gave it to me shortly after we were married and it used to belong to her.  It had been packed away in one of our moves and I couldn't believe that I had forgotten about it. It was such a forgotten treasure to stumble across and the timing couldn't be more perfect.  I am having Harper's birthday party this weekend I know that the little girls will feel so grown up and fancy using this!  I used to eat off it as a little girl and think the same thing.  :-)


And Monday it was back at it with our regular routine.  I always love picking this guy up from school and seeing the big smile on his face!




No comments: