Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day, Birthdays, and Potty Training

Yesterday we spent the day working around the house more.  Robby had an exciting day of pressure washing, but honestly, I know it was something he had wanted to get done and felt good to get it out of the way.

The kids made pictures and the girls made rainbow loom bracelets for him to go along with the other gift.  They were so proud and so happy to give them to him.  And, because he is such a great dad, he wore them to work today.  I just love him for that.  He's the best dad to our sweet three and we love and appreciate all that he does for all of us, but especially for the kids.

I loved this picture I took of Hudson following Robby around in the driveway this weekend.  He seriously wants to be just like his daddy and copies his every move, even when it means blowing off the driveway.  :-)


That evening Gigi and Papa came over for a Father's Day dinner and we all enjoyed grilling out and hanging out on the porch.  Later that night we were able to call my dad so we got all of our "Happy Father's Day" well wishes in.  We are all so blessed to have wonderful, hard working, dedicated Dads in our lives!




To go along with our Father's Day celebration last night we also celebrated Handley's almost 7th birthday and Hudson's almost 3rd birthday with Gigi and Papa.  Handley was thrilled to get Isabelle (the American Girl Doll of the year) as a combined gift from Gigi and Mimi and Hudson was over the moon about his new race car and track for the bathtub.



And, maybe the most exciting news of all is that this morning Hudson decided he was finally ready to wear his big boy undies.  I've read about kids who are older and just one day just deciding to be potty trained and that's it.  I don't want to jinx myself, but that is kind of how it went today.  All it took was me telling him that Dylan was coming over to play and that he wore big boy undies. Hudson immediately wanted to put his on and I reminded him that he needed to use the potty and keep his underwear dry.  He was accident free all day, didn't give me any push-back about using the potty and even stayed dry when we ran a few errands.  We'll see how tomorrow goes, but I think we are on our way to being done with diapers for the first time in seven years!!!


No comments: