Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So ready for summer

Days like yesterday make me so ready for summer.  Tuesdays is one of the days Handley doesn't have school so it's the day we usually plan fun outings and field trips or just hang around the house.  We started off with a walk around the neighborhood so I could get some exercise and the high temperatures made me wish we could all change into our bathing suits and go swimming as soon as we got home.  One more week and that wish can come true.  Instead of hitting the pool, we made our way out to run a few errands before coming home for nap/rest time.

Yesterday afternoon our playgroup started out with the kids painting flower pots and planting wild flower seeds.


It quickly moved to the kids splashing around in the baby pool and sprinklers and the moms having to drag them out to go home for dinner.


They all had a blast and it was the perfect way to enjoy the hot afternoon.  We had a fantastic time and seeing how happy that little pool made my girls made me run out to Wal-Mart first thing this morning to purchase one of our own.  We have a tiny one, but I am thinking this one will accommodate more kids and might just be the best $10 I ever spent. :-)  We plan to test it out tomorrow afternoon...that is if I can get it blown up!





It took Harper a little while to warm up to the idea of the sprinkler, but before long she was running through it and squealing with excitement.


I can't wait to have afternoons like this all summer long!  Only one more week of school and then our "summer" officially begins! :-)

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I was just thinking the same thing! Those pictures of the kids having fun are so cute. Makes me even more ready for our weather to get warm enough to bring out the pools!

Jennifer said...

So much fun! It has been so warm out I might have to run through the sprinkler and enjoy the baby pool with them! :)

Erica said...

We are so ready for summer (and lots of pool time), too!