Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our escape to the outdoors

Since we've spent practically the past 48 hours indoors I had plenty of time to plan my escape to the great outdoors.  That escape plan included a walk to the village, me pulling the girls in a wagon, and a stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for one of their famous caramel apples covered in M&M's.  I've been talking to Handley about getting one of these caramel apples since we got here earlier this week and it's something we've both been looking forward to.  When I was younger, my family came here skiing and those apples were always a favorite treat of mine.

Harper ready to go
After a quick stop by the buffalo, we made it to the Chocolate Factory and just like I remember from years ago, there was a giant teddy bear sitting outside.  Handley wanted her picture taken with him, but Harper did not.



When I showed Handley the apples she was a little disappointed that they didn't have any of the M&M ones, but rather more gourmet looking choices.  That disappointment didn't last long when the girls both discovered white-chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles and decided that was what they wanted for their treat.  I was fine with that since the apples are about $8 each and these were only $0.99 each.


Neither of the girls were to interested in playing at the slides or the little house today, so after walking around a bit more, we all decided we were cold and headed back to the condo to wait for Daddy, Gigi and Papa to come home for lunch.  Thankfully, they were right behind us and we didn't have to wait long.  After lunch the girls enjoyed their marshmallow treats and Handley got bundled again to head out and ski with Robby this afternoon.
Being silly and trying on Gigi's ski gear

I gave Helen my flip video when Robby took Handley out so that I could at least have a few videos of her skiing.  They went through Riparoo's forest (a little kids terrain area) and even though Robby is the one doing most of the work, I'm still so proud of how much fun Handley is having and how well she is doing on skis.  Here's the link to the video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpvu4DRyUPQ

6 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Well, Handley can already ski better than me! That video is awesome!

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie Beth,

I work for the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory HQ. I came across your blog today and your pictures (and girls) are just adorable. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post a link to this blog entry on our corporate Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/myrmcf.

Please let me know if that would be alright. Thank you and have a great evening!

Kelsea Ferrato

Jennifer said...

Love Harper all dressed up in her snow gear. Handley did so good! I think my favorite part is when Robby picks her up at the end. :) Glad you guys were able to escape today!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

you are getting some great pictures!

Carrie Beth said...

Kelsea- fine by me if you link! Thanks for reading my blog.

Erica said...

1. I love Harper's static hair!
2. I really wish there was a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory near me...those sprinkle-covered marshmallows look delicious!